Roofing in the Rain


I don't know about where you are, but here in Jacksonville, it has been raining for two days. Straight. This is unusual for sunny Florida; if it's going to rain it'll do it quickly and powerfully, but it'll be over within an hour and the sun returns. Not today, or yesterday either for that matter. Solid. Rain. Ironically enough, these were the same 2 days that Josh had scheduled to re-roof our house! The guys worked all day in the rain yesterday, and for a few hours this morning, but we decided to call it quits until the sun comes out again. I can only imagine (since I was not actually on the roof) that it was M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E to say the least.


So the house on Cellar Cir is in the process of getting a new roof! We are also planning and beginning electrical wiring for ceiling fans, lights, and outlets. After the electrical work is done, I believe we move on to plumbing. I've spent a few hours over there ripping wallpaper out of the main hall bathroom (that stuff was determined to stick to the wall!) as well as pulling nails out of the studs in 3 rooms. These are tedious jobs, but that's what I can do at this point. It's nice to be able to work on this house as a family. Even Noah had a hammer in his hand the other day for about 10 seconds, until 3-dings-to-the-wall later, when it became Absolutely Necessary for us to remove it from his hand. :)


Other than the rehab project, I've just been keeping up with the laundry, meals, and other details that make life function. Enjoying Noah, attempting to keep the faith in my potty-training and disciplining efforts, starting to exercise again, reading, planning for a family trip in June, spending time with Josh....my days do fill up, and I'm happy. The Lord is good!

Comments

Carrie said…
where are you going in June? Looks like we will be in your area middle of September.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth