Memorial Day Weekend

Just to jot down a few of the memorable things from this weekend:

My potty-training effort with Noah flopped royally. He still is not trained, and doesn't tell me when he has to go. He'll go if I take him and that's about it. BUT I'm not going to give up yet, so we continue...

Josh and I had a date night on Saturday, once again made possible by Matt and Jen, who took care of Noah. Josh and I went to O'Charley's and had a nice meal, though I must admit I ruined the first part of the evening with a bad attitude. :( Confession: I am a very time/clock/schedule-oriented person, and I have a hard time understanding those who are not. :) Josh had gone out to spend the afternoon with a friend, and we misunderstood each other about what time he would be back. In my narrow-minded opinion, he was Way Late, and I threw a very nice pity party about that for a while. (These are the true colors of Joanna coming out. The Lord is working on this, but I'm pretty hard-headed and fail more times than I like to think about.) We did end up having a great time, though, and it was fun to eat together undistracted.

Sunday we heard two excellent messages from a guest preacher, Jerry Hairgrove. In the morning, he preached about being living memorials to the Lord (out of Joshua 4). His evening message was about having an attitude of thankfulness (I Thess 5:18). Both were very good!

Today we went Jet-Skiing with Matt, Jen, and Brianne! It was so much fun to be out on the water enjoying the sun again for the first time in a week. We all had a great time, and then we came back to our house and had the traditional cookout fare of hamburgers, hot dogs, drumsticks, vegetables and dip, chips, watermelon, and brownies.

I am thankful for the people who have fought and given their lives to keep this country free. What sacrifices they have made for us! Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

Comments

cj and family said…
Based on your report that he stayed dry (minus one accident) for nearly an entire day, I'd say potty training is progressing pretty well! It may be a while before he tells you when he needs to go--it's as much training Mommy and Daddy to take him frequently as it is training him! :o) Hang in there! :o) Some days will be better than others, but it will be worth it! (And think how much $ you'll save in diapers!!!) :o)
matt said…
We had a lot of fun with you guys yesterday! Thanks for having us over!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth