A Brief Clearing

Last night and tonight we have had a small respite from the rain that makes us think we might be at the end of this rainy spell. But. Just when we think it's done out there, it starts up again. I hear it raining as I type this. Today makes the 6th day in a row of almost nonstop rain, which is unheard of for this part of the country!

Anyway, this isn't the weather channel, so I'm sure you want something better than a weather update! :)

Josh took a video of Noah playing in the backyard last evening and taking full advantage of the fact that all his toys were full of water. Poor guy hasn't been outside much at all over the last week.

Potty-training went better today. Except for one episode of Stinky In the Big Boy Pants (DOUBLE YUCK!!!), Noah has been dry and accident-free all day! Of course, he still hasn't told me when he has to go. Every so often I just decide it's potty time and we go. Hopefully soon we can get Noah to make the connection himself. Preferably before he goes to school, ha ha. Thank you to those of you who have left comments encouraging me in the potty-training! I did clean my bathroom today during our potty breaks and it DID help! I also got Noah a cute Frog Potty, which makes it more fun. Pretty much the only rewards he cares about are edible--M&Ms or Skittles. Stickers do not excite him. :)

Comments

Natasha said…
We used a combo of stars and m&m's w/Alexa, but we had to wait until she had turned 3 for it to really stick.. once it did, she was trained practically overnight! Jared is another story... we, too, bought the froggie potty :) Good luck!! Diaper-free houses are on the horizon!!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth