Night At The Fair

The Greater Jacksonville Agricultural Fair was in town last week, and we decided to make an annual tradition out of it and attend again. This time we brought Matt and Jen and their kids with us. My mom wasn't able to come due to all the walking that was required. Surprisingly, Noah remembered much about the Fair from last year, especially the rides. From the moment we got there he began begging to go on the Motorcycle Ride again, which was apparently his favorite ride from last year.



So cool.



Noah and me on the roller coaster. Jen and Brianne right behind us. I'm so sorry about this picture, Jen! But I'm laughing as I type that. I have no idea what that face was for. She doesn't normally look like that, folks. :)
In a fluke turn of events, Noah won a fish!
Sadly, the fish didn't fare so well... Noah kept shaking the bag as he carried it around (Finding Nemo, anyone?) and the next morning the poor fish was looking a little sick. We let him go in the stream behind our house, in hopes he would revive or at least be a meal for something else. Poor fish.



Noah and Brianne on this Bee ride. It turned out to be a dud, since it ended up being an overgrown merry-go-round.


We all had a great time and had our fill of the Fair for another year! Both times I have gone, I have had fun, but come away thankful that most of life isn't that glitzy and fake (and expensive!).

In other news, I brought my mom back to the airport today. We had a good time with her here and are so glad she could come stay with us for a while! On the way home from the airport, Noah said, "I miss Grandma. I wish we could go on the plane and see her." Safe travels, Mom! We'll miss you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth