Observations

1. I am still here. I have not fallen off the face of the earth. Life goes in cycles, and right now I'm in a busy cycle. De'. Ja. Vu.

2. My mom is here visiting for a 2 1/2 week stay while renovations take place in her bathroom at home. We have loved having her here!

3. Noah is getting more ornery by the day it would seem. Sorry, just speaking the truth. Maybe if I wanted to speak the truth in love I should write, "Noah is getting more ornery by the day, bless his heart." Southern joke. Anyways...

4. Last Friday I caught a very nasty cold that has been revealing itself a symptom per day over the course of a few days. Started with a sore throat. Add to that a fever. Next day came clogged ears, followed by chest congestion and a cough the day after that. Then came the runny nose. Today I am complete (hopefully) with all the above symptoms minus the fever. I will say that it has been lovely having my mom here during this time, as she's able to ease the burden of entertaining Noah and cleaning up my kitchen. Blessings.

5. Due to my cold and the fact that my mom is here, I learned to make homemade chicken soup last week. Where has this BEEN all my life? Sorry, Campbells', you don't hold a candle to homemade. You're way too salty, your noodles are too squishy, and you leave a greasy taste in my mouth. The homemade version just exudes "nourishing." I'm just saying.

6. Every day I'm realizing more and more my dependence upon God in child-rearing. See #3. We have been going through a very hard trial with Noah these days. I may mention it more in detail when I have more time, or maybe on the other side of it when things don't look so bleak, but please keep us in your prayers. Hebrews 12:11 has been my theme verse over the past couple weeks. It is now emblazoned on my vision, like the flash of a camera after someone takes a picture; I close my eyes, and it's still there. "No discipline for the moment seems to be joyful, but sorrowful; but to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness." Clinging to that promise with everything in me, trusting that God's word is true.

7. I love shopping. I filled in the gaps for Noah's fall/winter wardrobe today at a consignment shop, and enjoyed every minute.

8. I haven't taken a single picture while my mom has been here. Oh, stop. Don't be so surprised! You know me. I need to take some pictures this week!

9. There will be a Truth Baptist Church ladies' meeting at our house tonight! I love these. Time with just the ladies, studying the Bible, and eating delicious food. Come on over!

10. In light of #9, I better get off of this computer and go sweep something.

11. Have you ever seen the floor underneath the dining chair of a three-year-old? It's frightening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth