Lighten Up

It's no secret that I have a tendency to be a Control Freak Extraordinaire. I may try to keep it a secret, but I don't think I fool anybody. :) The Lord has been working on me about this, and I've been trying to just relax in a lot of ways. Today I decided to let go of one more area.



I'm in charge of bringing some sort of breakfast food for the refreshment table at church on Sunday mornings. A couple months ago I began providing a sign-up sheet in case anyone else wanted to sign up to bring something. However, even if someone signed up, I would bring something anyway "just in case" that someone forgot or couldn't for whatever reason.



No more.



What's the point of having someone else provide the breakfast if I'm going to do it myself anyway? Right. There isn't one. I was defeating the purpose of the sign-up sheet (to give others a chance to share and to relieve some of the pressure from me having to produce every week) and displaying a rather obvious OCD tendency. In the spirit of learning to relax, I've decided to quit this ridiculousness.


So from yesterday on, if someone else signs up to bring the breakfast, I'm going to step back and let them, let come what may.



One small step for Joanna, one giant leap for my uptight side. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth