Coupon Notes

I'm still not sure I'm doing the whole coupon thing just right. Maybe it just takes time, but it seems like others (*cough*, Melanie ) are able to seriously score deals and I'm just getting my toes wet.

Anyway, here's what I got at Publix this morning for $39.85. I saved over $57. I'm pretty satisfied, but wish I could get over the hump and have a real "wow" dollar amount to post.



Included in the photo are:

4 large jars applesauce
2 pkgs cream cheese
2 pkgs cake mix
1 box cereal (free!)
2 bottles Ocean Spray juice
1 bag pita chips
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 bowls cool whip
2 pints specialty creamer
2 tubes sausage (hiding behind the strawberries)
1 pineapple
2 pkgs strawberries
1 Sara Lee pound cake
2 pkgs bacon
2 pkgs butter
2 containers pulled pork (each one feeds 6)

I am so thankful for the opportunity to save money on our groceries!!

Comments

cj and family said…
Hey, that's great! And honestly, most weeks are like that for me--I usually save between 50-60% and that includes buying produce. Some stuff is SUPER cheap, but usually that balances with produce which is full price. Once in a while I have a random week where I save BIG (80%+), but most weeks I have to be content to see my amount saved simply exceed my amount owed by a little bit. I just wish I didn't take so long gathering coupons/deals! Ah well! :o) We've definitely seen our grocery budget drop and we're eating better stuff, so I CAN NOT COMPLAIN!!! :o) Happy couponing!
Ruth said…
I think you did a great job! I'd say anytime you spend less than you've "saved" - you've done well!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth