Feeling Puny

The two of us making banana bread today.

Noah has been slowly coming down with something over the last couple days. He started with a cough, added a runny nose yesterday, and today has a fever in addition to it all. Poor guy! It's heartbreaking for me to hear him coughing even in his sleep. At times he gags *almost* to the point of throwing up; thankfully for my sake, he hasn't done that yet. I'm such a ninny! But you knew that by now. ;)


I was supposed to babysit Brianne today, but I called Jen to let her know about Noah, and she (wisely) decided to keep Brianne away. So instead of going to the Library for storytime, Noah and I had our own storytime this morning, just the two of us. Despite him being sick, we had a grand time! I gave him my undivided attention and we read, he took a bath, we made banana bread, and we even played outside for a little while. It's remarkable to me how much more fun it is to play with him when I don't have a To Do list a mile long competing for my attention! I had some babysitting help of my own earlier in the week, so most of my cleaning is done (for now anyway).


In other news, Josh and I have come up with THE perfect antidote to telemarketers! We have decided, just for fun, to let Noah answer the next telemarketer call we get. I'm giggling just thinking about how that would go! He HEEE! :)


Telemarketer: "Hi, may I speak with Jonna Roly?" (this is always how they pronounce my name. Most of the time I just say, "there's no one here by that name", which is the absolute truth!)


Noah: "Hi, um, I was just wondering if you were having a birthday party!" (or something else just as random)


Telemarketer: "....." (what would they say to that?)


Noah: "Um, could you tell Will to pick up a caulk gun? Okay thanks! Bye!"



Hilarious. Wouldn't you love to be here when he does this? :)




Comments

Ruth said…
Are you going to have it on speaker phone so you can hear their reply? LOL! Hope Noah feels better soon and no one else catches what he has.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth