Making Memories

How do you say goodbye to a good friend? It's hard, and something I've done a lot of in my life. Have I ever mentioned I've moved about 15 times? Honestly I've lost count! This time, I'm not the one moving though.

My dear friend Carrie Bennett and her family are moving to West Virginia in a few weeks (Dec 30th to be exact) to start deputation to be missionaries to New Zealand. And we're leaving for CT on the 17th, so we won't even be here to see them off. Carrie and I joke about being in denial that they're even leaving; it just doesn't seem real yet. Instead of sitting around and being sad, we decided to go to the zoo on Tuesday to have some fun together and visit!

First, I must say that the Lord gave us a beautiful day! We had temperatures in the 70's, a nice breeze, and sunshine for most of it. Plus we were almost the only people there, which made it much more fun. We were able to let our kids run around some instead of being confined to the strollers, and we had front row "seats" to all the animals!!

Noah was much more attentive and excited this time. You may remember we took him back when he was about 9-10 months old, and he didn't seem to get it. :) I think the highlight for him was riding the carousel. I hadn't done that since I was about 12, so it was fun for me too! And slightly dizzying too, since apparently somewhere along the way I've lost my capacity for riding rides. I must be getting old or something. One other note about Noah: we did have some discipline issues this time. I would tell him to sit back down in the stroller and he would tell me, "No". He also fussed considerably, and was not very well-behaved. I never know what to do to handle issues like this in public, since I'm always afraid someone will turn me in for child abuse if I chasten Noah the way I think best. So I'm left with the power of my voice, which doesn't always accomplish the goal. Help! Anybody?

Despite all this, we had a great time and I'd like to say we'll do it again soon, but I don't think we will. :( We'll miss the Bennetts!

Here are several pictures, all courtesy of Carrie, who brought her camera. (Remember, I am without a camera for the next couple of weeks at least.)



Titus and Noah at the Giraffe overlook


Noah running out of the "maze". He had gotten lost in there and started to panic! :)



Noah and me with the Giraffes


There were these huge fish behind the glass!



Brushing the goats.




On the carousel





Carrie, Abe, and Titus.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth