Heredity Plays a Part?



Josh and I have recently been discussing the role that heredity plays in our lives and Noah's...


For instance, is my lifelong dislike of all drinks carbonated because my father didn't like them (he didn't, by the way) or because my mom didn't give me a whole lot of soda growing up? I mean, sure, you can point to various physical traits such as blue eyes or blonde hair and try to find the origin in your family tree, but what about personal preferences and dispositions? Hmmm...


What brought this up was that we have discovered that Noah LOVES tomatoes, just like Josh does, but unlike me (I can take them or leave them). He also holds his mouth The Exact Same Way as Josh when he's concentrating on a fine motor skill. Add to that his love of anything with an engine, and you start to see that Noah is his daddy's son! How much of this is the Boy in him, how much is inherited from Josh (and me), and how much is just Noah's personality?


Don't know, but it sure is fun to think about!

Comments

Ruth said…
Well both my parents like soda, but I am with you in not liking carbonated drinks. I can't wait to find out in what ways Nadia takes after Paul or myself in terms of preferences, etc. What fun! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth