Busy, Busy, Busy!

The last week or so has been extra-busy, so I think rather than work on several posts, I'll just try to recap the activities in one "swell foop" as my roommate used to say.

Matt and Jen's Visit: Josh's brother Matt, and his wife Jen were here visiting this past week. Jen's family lives in south Florida, so they stopped through on their way to visit her folks and attend her final baby shower. Jen is due with their first child~a girl to be named Brianne~on July 10, and is in those final uncomfortable days of pregnancy. We had a great time with them! Matt and Josh spent a lot of time at a rehab property of Josh's, re-roofing the building. And when I say re-roofing, I mean exactly that. This building had been burned and the entire roof had to be ripped off, rebuilt, re-sheeted, and re-shingled. And did I mention it's averaging about 93 degrees here in the day with high humidity? Hats off to these two, who not only had that hot job, but also had to motivate a crew of workers!

While our men were off roofing a house, Jen and I went and got pedicures! :) This is a real treat for someone who can no longer reach her toes, and I had never had one before, so it was special for both of us. We also went out and ran errands, including a trip to the DMV to get our new car registered. Thanks to Jen for watching Noah while I was at the counter! It would have been nightmarish without her help!

Matt and Jen are preparing to come down to live in Jacksonville and~Lord-willing~start a church in our area! While they were here we spent some time discussing bits of philosophy of ministry, as well as where we would all live (we're hoping to be in the same neighborhood), and some other logistics. One answer to prayer that Matt had while he was here: a guy they know from school has just decided that he thinks it is the Lord's will that he come help out with the new church! Matt was so excited!! We are all praying that more people would want to come help, so this was an encouraging bit of news.


Our "New" Car: Josh and I were able to purchase a used car last week! We bought a 1996 Toyota Avalon for Josh to use as his work vehicle. We are thankful to the Lord for this, as it opens up a whole new world of freedom for me! Noah and I were able to go to the park yesterday in the middle of the day, imagine that! I also plan to start incorporating a Library Day once a week, along with some other fun activities that wouldn't have been possible before.


Father's Day: It was fun! Josh and Noah (and Matt) went to a Father/Son cookout on Saturday, and had a lot of fun. Sunday we gave Josh a handmade card, and I actually cooked a meal! :) I hardly ever cook on Sundays since we live so far from church that by the time we get home we are usually famished, and Noah is behind the 8-ball as far as his naps go, so we usually make a quick tuna melt or hot dogs or something equally speedy. We also heard a really good message on Sunday morning, which was encouraging.


I think that about sums up the past week! Hopefully I can get back into the groove of blogging more faithfully now that things are back to just us around here.

Comments

Ruth said…
Glad you and Jen enjoyed your pedicures! It's nice to be pampered like that every now and then. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth