A Day Redeemed and Our Daily Schedule

I had every intention of getting up to exercise this morning, but when it was actually time to do it, I laid in bed 5 more minutes.  And then 5 more. And then 5 more.  And....you get the idea.  Then it was time for my shower, and as much as I don't normally put stock in the idea of "me time," this getting ready in the morning is my final taste of silence and Thinking My Own Thoughts that I have until the kids go to bed at night.  I cherish it a lot.  And so, when Seth knocked on my door while I was drying my hair to tell me that Noah had eaten a potato chip (he makes Josh's lunch every day, and grazes on lunch food as he goes) and he wouldn't give Seth one.  Tattling, my pet peeve. And meanness, my other pet peeve.  I didn't handle it well.  To my shame, I burst out of my room yelling something about Never Being Allowed To Eat Chips While You Make Lunch Again (yeah, that sounds logical and mature! Way to go!) and then slammed my way back into the bathroom muttering words like, "unbelievable" and "can't even leave me alone for 5 minutes" and other such paragons of fleshly outbursts....

All that to say that I usually start the day with good intentions.  I had read my Bible in Proverbs the day before and was stocked up on verses about kindness and gentle speech.  I had listened to a sermon the night before on the power of a godly life.  And then a morning like that happens, and it's almost like all that spiritual stuff flies out the window in the face of my nasty side.  THANKFULLY I do have God's forgiveness and His abundant grace.  He uses truckloads of grace on me every day, and I can always use more.  And praise the Lord, we overcame my fleshly morning and went on to have a pretty good day.  God is so good, and freely offers new beginnings.

We had a pretty typical school day, and I thought I'd include our schedule here for future reference.  We've been following it for a couple of weeks, and it seems to work pretty well so far.

6:15am  Jo exercise
7:00       shower/dress, Noah wake/read Bible/make Josh's lunch
7:30       nurse Eden, Noah do History class (online), Seth wake/make bed
7:45       make breakfast, Seth feed cat/daily chore
8:00       Breakfast
8:30       drop off Seth at pre-k, Noah dress/make bed/teeth
8:45       send off Josh, Noah morning chore
9:00       morning chores, Noah practice piano
9:30       put Eden down for nap
9:45       Handwriting class
10:00     Chemistry/Physics class
10:30    Jo read Bible, Noah do Reading class (online)
11:00    English class (online)
11:45    Pick up Seth, Noah start making lunch
12:00    make lunch, kids outside play
12:15    Lunch
12:45    Outside play
1:00      Jo lesson planning, Noah Math class (online), Seth & Eden play
2:00      Jo read to kids
2:30      Rest/nap time for Jo/Seth/Eden, Noah homework

After that, we have free playtime for the kids, I straighten the house and make dinner, and we don't really stick to a schedule.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth