Preparing for Hurricane Irma

So apparently there's this storm...

Hurricane Irma is on the horizon to possibly hit Florida this weekend, and everyone is preparing.  Gas stations had lines and in some cases were running out of regular and mid-grade fuel.  Wal-mart's bread aisle was empty, as was the canned food and bottled water aisles.  Candles and batteries were also gone.  Thankfully I was able to find what we needed at Publix, and hopefully they will be restocking shelves in the next couple of days.  I thought today was a little early to prepare, considering the meteorologists don't even know yet if we will be affected.  It turns out, people were starting to stock up on these things last Friday, so I'm actually late to the party.

Josh is not planning to evacuate, and I am still undecided.  We stayed around when Hurricane Matthew came though here last year, but that one ended up being just a category 1 and wasn't a direct hit.  A category 5 would be a different story to me.  We'll see.  I could go see my mom, or Josh's brother in SC, or just go stay with Matt and Jen because they're not in a flood zone.  A lot will depend on the forecast as the days go by.  For now I'm praying that God turns the storm out to sea.  God could speak the word and that storm would dissipate completely.  
      "...And clouds arise and tempests blow by order from Thy throne."  (name that song)

I've also been singing a newer song, 

"To live or die it's all the same
For Christ consumes me either way!
If I should live, I'll live for Him,
And if I die, I'll live again!

Trusting that God will direct us and give us wisdom to know what we should do as the storm progresses.  In the meantime, we pray and keep on plugging away at our school work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth