I Don't Get It



So, in our backyard, these are referred to as "prickly pears".  Probably not the scientific name for these spiny, very prickly, painful-to-step-on seed pods that fall from our backyard trees in prolific amounts, but it's what we call them nonetheless.  And Seth eats them.  No, wait, maybe you didn't read that right:  he eats them.  Actually eats the prickers off and swallows them, until the pod is almost smooth.  I found this out one day when I had to pry I-knew-not-what out of his mouth, and vaguely recognized the soggy mess to be the remains of a prickly pear.

Don't believe me?



Now, what I don't understand (and somebody please clue me in!) is this:  Why does he eat those ghastly things, but will not touch a grilled cheese sandwich?

One of life's mysteries....


Comments

Ruth said…
I thought it was bad that Oliver always wants to eat mulch at the playground, but wow Seth takes the cake. I can't imagine eating such a thing. OUCH!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth