365 Project; the week that wasn't

I've decided, since I'm already two days late posting week 24, and I didn't get that many pictures anyway, and the ones I did get weren't that great or varied, that I'm going to combine weeks 24 and 25...so stay tuned this coming Tuesday (or Wed, or whenever I get a round to it) for weeks 24 and 25 in photos.

In the meantime this week, I have been going through trials specifically designed by God to test my faith, and I've come up failing most of the time.  I cannot. handle. a crying baby.  It tears up my insides.  Seth is the proud new owner of a couple of teeth, painfully acquired over the course of the last couple of weeks, making for lots of screaming, almost a whole bottle of Motrin gone, and probably many more gray hairs for me.  For most people, my current trials are nothing that a good book and a bubble bath can't erase, but for me, the day-to-day has threatened to drive me batty.  I would pray beg for help, but really I just wanted the crying to stop and the sleeping to increase beyond the current average of 30-45 minutes at a time.

Thankfully, as usually happens when I take the time to steep myself in the Bible, the Lord reminded me this morning that I need to trust in Him with all my heart and that I should not lean on my own understanding (Prov 3).  My own understanding would say that a baby needs to sleep at least 1 1/2 hours at each nap.  If I dwell on my own understanding, and fail to trust the Lord, I can get worked into quite a knot when the crying begins 30 minutes in to the nap.  (typing this out makes me sound like a complete uptight ninny--and maybe I am--but trials are different for different people.  And this, right now, is a trial for me.)  But God really does know best.  I have been doing my best to help Seth, and beyond that I need to trust the Lord.  Leave to Him the naps that don't even deserve to be called such.  Leave it to Him.

I feel better now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth