Spit-Up

*Warning: this post contains graphic photos of actual spit-up events.  Proceed with caution.*

I used to think Noah was bad about spitting up, and then I had Seth.  Poor guy.  All day long, and even in the night this guy is a fountain of nastiness.  This is how I found Seth when he woke up this morning:



And his bed didn't look much better!

This has become normal for us.  I usually have to change his sheets 3 times a day, and move him out of piles of spit-up 3 or 4 times before he finally settles down for each nap.  Not to mention the plethora of burp cloths, bibs, and changes of clothes (his and mine!) we go through on a daily basis. In an effort to stop the madness, I have tried:

*keeping Seth upright for at least 30 minutes after feeding
*burping him at least twice during every feeding
*limiting how long he nurses (20 mins is our max)
*Zantac, an acid-reflux medication.  The jury is still out on this one, since the nasty taste of the medicine cancels out the benefit we might see if it actually went down in the first place.  Seth usually spits it right back out and makes horrible faces at me when I try to administer it.  I even took it back to the pharmacy and had them flavor it grape, but it's still too gross for Seth.
*Cutting out all caffeine and chocolate from my diet (boo hoo!)
*For the past 3 days I have also eliminated cow's milk dairy from my diet to see if that would help.  So far no.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?  My washing machine will thank you!

Comments

cj and family said…
:( that does not look like fun at all ... Poor little guy. Poor mommy too. I would definitely continue to pursue the allergy route... Maybe try eliminating ALL dairy for a bit-broccoli and onions were also a trigger for a couple of ours, but nothing like this at all. I would definitely stay in contact with your doctor though... Maybe there's some sort of zantac patch? praying

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth