Monkey Bars

In light of the beautiful weather, I took Noah to the playground yesterday. As you can see, he is working on conquering the final frontier in playground equipment: the monkey bars. All summer long, all he could do was hang from the first bar before letting go. Yesterday, though, I watched in amazement as Noah expertly took off across the bars, swinging like.....well.... a monkey! I had no idea he could do it! I guess they have monkey bars at preschool, and Noah had to have been practicing.

I stood there with my mouth hanging open before I remembered to get out the camera. I asked him to go across again so I could take a video. He did, but we both started laughing, and he was already tired from the first time across, and so he fell. FYI, laughter is the arch enemy of monkey bars. Don't believe me? You try maneuvering your body across the monkey bars, dangling from your hands (a tough enough challenge!), and then have someone make you laugh. I tried it without laughing and can't even make it across, period. When did I become so wimpy? My arms felt like they were going to come right out of their sockets. But anyway...


Enjoy the video!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth