Failures and Falling Shorts

I've been reading a fiction book in my spare time, one by Jamie Langston Turner (a very good author--you should check her out!), and I love how she sees the hilarity of goofed grammar in the everyday speech of normal people. She wrote in one of her books of a well-meaning person who prayed aloud in church, asking the Lord to forgive all their "failures and falling shorts."

I've had a lot of those recently, it seems. (The failures, not so much the falling shorts. :)) Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like I'm having more than usual. I blow up and get really angry over something pretty minor. My patience wears thin. I allow my flesh to rule me. Selfishness smells up to high heaven.

How thankful I am that the Lord forgives more than seven times! It seems I have to ask forgiveness for the same offense that many times in a single hour.

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle." Ps. 103:2-5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth