A Memorial Day to Remember


I had the strangest dream that Josh's brother Dave got married yesterday.

Oh, wait.


HE DID!!!!


That's right, Dave got married. Last week at this time we knew nothing about any wedding, and today we've just returned from Charleston, SC after having witnessed his marriage. We have always teased Dave about his secretiveness, and in fact he and Andrea had talked about eloping, but thankfully (a BIG "Thank you," Dave) he called us all last Wednesday night and invited us to his wedding. I'm so glad he did!



So Dave is married now. Dad Rowley asked each one of the brothers and sisters (and sisters-in-law) to give a short charge to Dave and Andrea during the wedding, in lieu of a typical wedding sermon. I think this was a great idea, though I was way nervous to have to do such a thing. Have you ever tried to give marriage advice with your spouse standing right there listening to you? It's very sobering. Everything you say, you have the earthly person who knows you best listening to your every word. While I was preparing my charge over the weekend, I had to seriously search my own heart and talk with Josh (and ask forgiveness) about some areas where I have failed. That one simple charge that was meant for Dave and Andrea ended up doing me some good instead. It was also wonderful to hear everybody else's words of wisdom.



And are you ready for this? I took a hundred pictures of our trip. One Hundred. That is unheard of for me! Part of my success was that everyone else was snapping pictures, and this reminded me that (a) I have a camera, and (b) I should use it. I'll share many of those pictures in the next post.






Congratulations, Dave and Andrea Rowley!

Comments

Carrie said…
I saw that on facebook today...look forward to seeing all your pics. We reallly should catch up some time soon!
Ruth said…
Kudos to you for taking sooo many pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth