How's Your Diet Going?

Thanks for asking! I have had a lot of people ask me lately how the diet is going, and whether or not I think it's helping, so I thought I'd answer that. And really, thank you to those who have cared enough to ask!

It's going well. I am becoming used to what I should and should not eat, as well as those foods that will be most beneficial to me. I'm feeling a difference, usually when I consume something I shouldn't have had. I notice heartburn after I eat tomato products, for example. And call me crazy, but I do feel better after eating a meal consisting mostly of the beneficial foods. I have not had any red meat or pork in about 2 months, but I'm eating a ton of spinach (for the iron, you know). Popeye would be proud.

Preparing food is not getting much easier, since my family is still very much fond of spaghetti, hamburgers, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, etc, all of which are current "no-no's" for me. You should have seen me on Thursday night this week; I was a little stressed. I had planned on spaghetti; normal white pasta with meat sauce for Josh and Noah, and brown rice pasta (did you even know there WAS such a thing?) with salmon sauce for me. Plus a salad. This meal required all four burners, and took an hour to prepare. Every cupboard door in my kitchen was open, and I do believe I used every dish in my kitchen. Well, maybe not quite, but it sure felt like it. But, we made it! Everybody ate, and everybody enjoyed their meal. And the next night I made just one dish for everybody to make up for it. :)

Overall, I am noticing a difference in my health. My previous issues seem to be on their way to correction. This is a HUGE answer to prayer! Is this diet fun? No. But it seems to be helping, and that's what matters right now.

P.S. The chocolate cravings have not gone away, in case you were wondering. Someone gave me a whole bar of dark chocolate for Mother's Day, all for me. It's gone, and I enjoyed every single bite of that bar, one small square at a time.

Comments

Ruth said…
I'm very glad you're seeing benefits especially considering all the extra work involved. I am not a fan of cooking right now. It's not that I dislike cooking, it's just difficult with toddlers. I can't imagine cooking TWO different things. My hat is off to you.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth