Don't Hold Your Breath



You're looking at the last of the Mother's Day flowers from church. These were extras, and since Matt and Jen were heading out of town for 2 weeks, they got sent home with us. Not that I'm complaining, since I love fresh flowers! It may be hard to see in the photo, but there are several white tulips with 2 purpleish ones. This is an important fact, because at lunch today Noah asked me:


"When are those white flowers EVER going to turn purple?"

Poor guy.


But isn't this what I do with God? He has made me this way on purpose, with my own set of skills and quirks and limitations. He made me "white" if you will. What business have I wishing myself to be "purple?" That's not to say I shouldn't strive to do the best with what God has given me, and repent of sin, but there are certain things I just can't change. White tulips are certainly beautiful, even though they're not purple. And a sidenote: I'm so thankful that God made a variety! What a blessing to have multiple colors of tulips! The spiritual applications here are endless.


Anyway, all that to say, "Don't hold your breath." Those tulips will remain white!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth