Freedom

For the past year and a half, I have been following several money-saving blogs online. At first I was almost religious about it, making sure I printed out Every Single Coupon so I could try to take advantage of Every Single Deal.

I won't get into the details of how I could so easily lose my cool if my printer malfunctioned at *just* the wrong time.

Or if the cash register girl skipped over one of my coupons.

Or--perish the thought--if I was an hour too late to one of the online freebies and missed it altogether.

Those details would be highly incriminating, not to mention embarrassing.

Over the last several months, I have been losing interest in spending every second of my precious free time scouring the deals, and compiling my coupons. Maybe there are some people out there who can do all of this in a mere 45 minutes per week (there are those who claim so!), but for this girl, it was consuming me.

In the last few weeks, I hadn't even been reading the blogs, so low was my interest. Somehow I began finding time to keep my house cleaner or read a book, shockingly enough.

So today, I finally marched my mouse over to my Google browser and (gasp) unsubscribed to every single one of those extra blogs. All of them! They're completely gone now. And in the liberating seconds of time which followed such a drastic move, I smiled.

I smiled at the prospect of more free time. I smiled at being liberated from all the deals I *must* read. I just plain old smiled. :)

Comments

Ruth said…
I only have read one such blog - Money Saving Mom. I don't want to read all of her posts, so I just have her as a "friend" on FB and then if I see something that interests me, I click the link. There are many days that I never read any of her posts. The only other couponing thing I do is study the CVS circulars online and make a list and go to CVS every other Saturday night. If I go on Saturday night then the specials from two weeks are active at the same time. That works for me!
cj and family said…
:o) Nothing is worth losing your focus! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth