Are You Listening?

On Tuesday I got a haircut:




Several people have asked me if I like it, and I'm sure you're curious too, so I'll give you the standard answer I've been giving.

It's Fine.

And now, an observation: I must be a horrible communicator. No, really, something happens to me when I walk into a hair salon long-haired and wearing vulnerability like a sweater. My whole appearance is in the hand of the hairdresser, what's not to fear? :) And I cannot for the life of me accurately convey exactly what I want. Or what I don't want.

I bring pictures, sometimes several. I explain. I back-pedal. I talk with my hands. The hairdresser nods, restates what I just said, and takes me over to the sink. And then proceeds to do exactly what she wants with my hair!

Comments

Carrie said…
I feel the same way all the time I take pics with me try to explain...but I blame it on going to cheap fast places to get my hair cut. My sister Kristi just moved to Columbus and there is a Paul Mitchell salon training center right next to her house. the price was still good - $12 but it took 2 hours and was not what I asked for but I did love it. It's a layered bob with the front longer than the back.
I did think it looked similar to what you had another time and I think you pull it off great.
cj and family said…
For what it's worth, I think ths style's cute and it looks really cute on you! (And glad Josh is okay!)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth