Easter Photo 2020

Yesterday I posted this photo on Facebook and Instagram with the caption "We serve a risen Savior!" I like that caption best, but as always, there was so much more going on than a single picture can represent. Here's some behind-the-scenes action:

In light of the stark differences between celebrating Easter in years past, versus in this new Coronavirus Twilight Zone, I wanted a "normal" looking Easter picture. (They can cancel just about everything else, but not Easter! That kind of idea.) Unfortunately, when we were ready to take the photo, everyone except me had already changed out of the Easter clothes that we had worn for our Zoom church service. Josh, Noah and Seth hurriedly retrieved their shirts out of the hamper and threw them back on, and I decided to compromise and not make Eden put her dress back on. You choose your battles. I asked James, who was here, to take the photo "from the waist up" to hide the fact that the family had their casual shorts on. Is there a family on Earth that can take a decent photo in one attempt? Not ours. This was try 3, and I'm actually impressed at all the wins: Everyone was looking at the camera and most of us were smiling. That's huge!!

We do serve a risen Savior, and He's in the world today! I'm so thankful for the work He is doing in our world, even using the coronavirus. I'm praying that many will turn to Christ during this time, and that the pandemic will be a glorious win for the cause of Christ.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth