Day 20-something



"Donkey drinks a lot of tea" -Eden


Deep in concentration. 

We are 20-something days into the strangest period of time I've ever lived through, social distancing. I don't share my opinion much about this, largely because I have a dissenting opinion to what I believe is the popular one, and also because I'm not sure I'm right. (But I think I am)  But the other day, my brother posted the following on Facebook, and I just couldn't agree more.

"Social distancing is not the answer to this crisis, friends. We can't stay distant long enough to wait for a medical cure, without destroying ourselves in the process. Further, we were designed to be social beings. Isolation will kill us in more ways than one. Human solutions will not work.
The answer, my friends, is prayer. If you are not a believer, then you may find this answer irrelevant or offensive. That doesn't change the truth of it. God has the power to deliver us. Miracles never cease. Stop binge-watching TV shows. Stop posting stupid memes. Stop complaining about how bored you are.
Pray. Use this time to ask forgiveness for placing our faith in doctors, experts, and politicians, instead of the almighty Creator of the Universe, from whom we derive our breath and very being. Doctors are as lost as we are. Pray for deliverance from this scourge. Pray from now until it is gone.
I'll even go one step further. Gather in groups of two or more, for there He is among us. Gather. Pray." -Ted Bull


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth