On Blogging Again

I may be back on a blogging kick; the next few days will tell. I do this though. I have several activities that barely squeeze edgewise into my life and, because I'm doing well to fit them in at all, I most definitely cannot do them all at once. They are, in no particular order: blogging, drawing, reading, decorating, organizing, and grading. Ha! Ho ho! *ahem* You would think grading should be an everyday occurrence like brushing my teeth, but it's not. Just the other day, I sat down to grade papers and realized I hadn't done any since early in Nov*cough*ber.  As a result, there were assignments for a certain student that had fallen through the cracks (ie: hadn't been done) that we had to catch up on. We spent a solid morning last Saturday taking 13 quizzes that had been missed last semester. Yikes!

A very big and real part of my life right now could be categorized under Interruptions. For example, I was tweaking the above paragraph (which I had begun just after breakfast, put on hold, and had revisited after lunch), and got called outside to rescue Eden, who was stranded on our shed roof.  What....?  How.....?  You can't make this stuff up! I just now returned from that adventure, and I still cannot explain to you how she got up there, and she even pointed out her climbing route. *scratches head*

Blogging usually takes a backseat when I become discouraged about something. I have a very strong desire to keep things real and honest on here, and a desire just as strong to keep the vibe cheerful and upbeat. But I don't know that both simultaneously is a realistic goal. Look at the Psalms! Sometimes life on earth is discouraging, and I find that when I take months-long sabbaticals from writing in the name of Not Sounding Negative, I miss out on documenting the real life memories--the ones that I will look back on later and see covered with God's grace fingerprints. I was encouraged so much recently by reading the blog of a dear friend in Maine, who is faithful to record the good with the bad, and it always encourages me to keep praying, keep hoping, keep turning to Christ.

So here's to blogging again, for however long it lasts! Thank the Lord for encouragement to keep on going.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth