Progress


What do you see here? Are you saying to yourself, "Big deal. Tissues on a bookshelf."

Ah, but when you've spent the last couple of years back in this stage like I have:


All of a sudden seeing a full box of tissues, untouched on a bookshelf in perfect reach of anybody, can almost bring a tear to your eye. The good kind.

I am starting to see glimmers of hope that one day we will emerge from Little Kid Mode. Like old Noah in Genesis, who sent out a dove to determine if the flood waters had receded, I set out that tissue box about a week ago to test our own waters of destruction. And I'm here to tell you I think they're receding! We're not out of the flood zone yet, as demonstrated by the fact that Eden saw a Dayquil pill; so golden, so candy-like, sitting on the kitchen counter and popped it into her mouth without so much as a question (thankfully I saw her and made her spit it out). BUT. There's daily proof that life won't always be so...messy.

And here's yet another testament:

That's Eden helping me wash dishes. She's actually pretty good at it! She thrives on feeling useful and carrying out a job. This is an encouragement to me! Thank the Lord that He encourages our weary souls when we need it most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth