Man Flowers



I stink at making holidays memorable.  Gift-giving has never been my forte, and so I face gift-giving holidays with a mixture of denial and dread. My husband is particularly hard to give gifts to; in part because he just buys whatever it is he needs (the Lord is good!), and in part because he's really picky discerning.  Men have it easy when it comes to giving gifts on Mother's Day.  Flowers, check.  Chocolate, check.  Done! But there is no such one-size-fits-all gift that applies to men.  I know because I asked.  So in an effort to let my husband know I care, I asked him what he would like. He's not the type that surprises easily anyway, so I figured I could be open about his gift. 

"I don't know, some beef jerky would be good," he said.  Really? I can do that!

I stopped at Publix on my way home from a chat with my sister-in-law, and looked around for some beef jerky.  I had no idea that beef jerky comes in so many varieties. I brought it home, and got out a vase (yes, a vase! It is Father's Day after all). And I gave my husband his Man Flowers.

Happy Father's Day, Honeybear!  I love you. You're a great Dad! (I'm also not good at sappy accolades.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth