Hello, Old Friend

I used to come here more often.  This blog was my outlet; my sounding board for whatever I wanted to talk about.  Quite simply, I miss it.  I miss the clickety-clack of the keys as I divest my cluttered mind of its burdens and delights.  So I'm back.  At least until my life jerks me once more into reality, which could be any minute...

School fills up a good bit of our time.  I have to admit that sometimes we all have attitudes like this:


but thankfully, most of the time it's more like this:

In case you were wondering, we have never had second thoughts at all about our decision to homeschool.  Thank the Lord that He seems to have made it clear that we did a good thing.  Noah loves that school doesn't take all day, and I love that I get to witness him learning new things and have more influence in shaping his character.  Speaking of shaping character, that is a constant job.  But you knew that.

Seth is almost two, and doesn't he look sweet all contained so neatly there on that swing?
Don't be fooled--he is into everything at all times.  He is as B-U-S-Y a child as ever there was.  He's on par with Noah's level of energy at this age, so add him to the school day, and life gets interesting.  He's taking all the caps off my dry erase markers and throwing them all over the room.  He's writing on all the school books in random places, or unloading my cabinets, or across the street in the neighbor's yard.  Seriously, that happened one day!  For these reasons and the fact that I clearly do not have my act together, I take him to a babysitter's two mornings a week so that Noah and I can accomplish something uninterrupted. (And then I watch Michelle Duggar on 19 Kids and Counting, and feel guilty because she manages to homeschool with all those little kids.  I must be doing something wrong.)

And just like that, my life is calling again.  Seth is up from his nap and is currently about to spill my mop bucket water, which I forgot to empty earlier, all over my clean floor.  See ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth