Dichotomy

On Thursday of this week, we attended the Jacksonville Fair with Matt and Jen's family, and on Friday evening, Matt and Jen were kind enough to watch our kids (thanks, guys!!) while Josh and I took in a performance of The Nutcracker.  To say that the two experiences were different would be an understatement of epic proportions.  Maybe I am just biased, what with my inner ballerina and all, but I was in my element at the ballet, and very much out of it at the fair.  I left the fair with a headache, and left the ballet dancing (at least inwardly).

That said, here are some pictures I took (go, me!) of both events:


Nervous much? Jen and I caught Brianne and Titus grasping Noah's shirt while waiting in line for this ride.  That's right, go to Noah when you need a little assurance. Or not. ;)



Titus, Noah, Brianne, and Libby on that very same ride a few minutes later.



The agricultural building is, in my opinion, the best part of the fair.  They had this huge cow so the kids could practice their milking skills.  It was harder than they thought!



My family with the mama pig.  She was enormous, by the way!  I had forgotten how big farm animals can be!


Seth and Luke liked the chicks


And Seth almost picked a fight with this chicken.



This was an incredible Lego display. Behind it was a very entertaining variety show, put on by a character reminiscent of Mr. Bean.  Noah was dying to get onstage to perform, as opposed to the cousins, who would rather not.  I'm with them!


And at the ballet:
Just before the performance


During intermission (or "halftime, as Josh calls it), I asked Josh how he liked it so far.  He said, "It's good--but I thought there would be talking."  Um, no.


Don't know who this guy is, but that was our view of the stage.  Probably should have waited til he sat down to get that picture. :)


Thankfully, Matt let us borrow some binoculars, and I was able to focus on details as minute as facial expression and point of the toes.  Heavenly.







Comments

Ruth said…
Both sounded like they were fun times! That's neat that the kids got to "experience" milking a cow. Yay for date nights and double yay that you got to enjoy a ballet! We watched a ballet on a VHS tape recently of the Nutcracker. The kids enjoyed it, but I decided I'll wait a little bit until I buy Nadia a ticket to see one. Ian is so fascinated by the story that he put a nutracker on his wish list. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth