365 Project; week 9


We had the privilege of attending a Bob Jones University Friendship Dinner on Tuesday night.  What a sweet time of fellowship that was with alumni and prospective students!  We sat with a few people from our church and enjoyed the delicious pork tenderloin they served.  This is Bob (from our church) holding Seth.  I would have liked to also get a photo of Dr. Bob (Jones), but Seth needed to eat just about the time he got up to speak, so that wasn't to be.


What's so significant about 7:17?  Well, that was 7:17a.m. and for 3 glorious mornings, it was the first time I'd been awake since Seth's final feeding at 11pm the night before.  Sleep, glorious sleep.  Unfortunately, it was a 3-day wonder, because he has reverted back to awaking at 5am for a feeding.  Sigh.  It was nice while it lasted!



Seth is really starting to be interested in things around him, and loving mirrors (don't we all?).  This is Seth talking to his reflection in the lion mirror.


And I think he's going to be my finger sucker!  Noah never did take to a pacifier, and never sucked his thumb.  Seth doesn't do pacifiers either, but is making a habit of sucking the first 2 or 3 fingers on that right hand.


Hello there, beautiful. We have determined that my diet does not affect the amount of spitting up that Seth does, and so it is with great joy that I bring back one of the finest pleasures in life: chocolate.  



Grammy and Grampy!!  Josh's parents came this week to help Jen with her new baby, and we all went to Golden Corral last night for dinner.  Thank you both for this treat!


We make an impressive group, our families.  We enter the restaurant with 6 children ages 5 and under.  Matt commented that it's like Tetris trying to figure out where everyone should sit at the table (infant seats at either end, Noah and Brianne should not sit side-by-side if that can be helped, Titus and Libby need help eating, Mom and Dad want to talk to us "big kids", etc etc).  But we do have fun together!:)

 Noah had Hat Day at school, but couldn't stop there.  Had to wear the boots too! :) Love my cowboy.


I read this book from start to finish this week, but a book review will have to wait.  I just want to comment that it is amazing how much time I have to read if I will take advantage of the little minutes here and there.  A few minutes while I'm nursing, a couple minutes waiting on the phone on hold, standing at the stove browning ground beef, waiting in the car-pick-up line at Noah's school...I may have time for my favorite pastime after all!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth