Unveiling The 365 Project

My 365 Project was inspired by my friend Jenny, who did this on her blog last year and has decided to continue into this year.  The gist of it: take at least one photo a day to document the monumental as well as the mundane events that make up our daily lives.  At the end of the year, you have a great way to look back and reflect.

Personally speaking, the challenge will be to remember to take photos!  I'm already a little behind, but I'm not going to let that stop me.  Old Jo would have let it stop her, but I'm going to just pick up right here and go!  What's the worst that could happen?  I end up with fewer than 365 photos...but so what?  I guarantee there will be more than if I had never started this project at all!

So without further ado, here are the first 2 weeks of January, documented as best as I could when I remembered to take photos:

Sweet Seth


Oh, scary!  Noah doesn't care if his subject is still in her pajamas with bed hair!  Having Seth has changed my morning routine: I used to shower and dress before Noah even got up, that way I was ready to start the day as soon as he was at school.  Now I'm doing well if I can get showered by 10:30!  


Seth fell asleep in the bouncy with his hands in the air.  He looked like a little dead frog! 


Had to do a gingerbread house again this year.  Josh found this Home Depot house at--can you guess?? marked down to just $3.  Sold!  I daresay it's the cheapest house he's bought yet! :)  Noah and I had fun decorating it.


Josh's poor work car bit the dust.  A photo to remember it by, because we're hoping to sell it for parts sometime this week.


What does Seth do while Mommy exercises?  If he's not sleeping, he's here.


Here is another thing that died this week: Noah's amaryllis, given to him by Grammy.  I couldn't figure out what went wrong--our amaryllis from last year was twice as tall and lasted seemingly forever!  Then one morning, I happened to see Noah grab the whole thing by the stem and pull the flower up out of the pot, bulb and all!  I asked him what he was doing, and he said, "Checking the roots!"  Things were starting to make sense now... I asked him how many times he had done that.  "Every day!" he responded.  Now, instead of being surprised his flower died, I'm surprised it lived as long as it did!  


Matt and Jen took a much-needed date, and while the kids were over, Noah and Brianne decorated sugar cookies.  They were all gone by the end of the night! :)


Awww.

Comments

The story of Noah and the amaryllis made me laugh! I did empahsize the roots when we planted it. Probably because couldn't observe much else besides the bulb. Next year I'll give him another one and tell him to just watch it grow. Maybe by then though he could measure it once a week.
I do enjoy the blog and looking forward to more of your 365 project!
Ruth said…
I'm so impressed that you are excersing and your baby isn't even 2 months old yet. I guess since mine is 5 months old I have no excuse. I must get myself in gear although I can't see how I could do it during the day with 3 little ones at home. I'd have to do it when all 3 are in bed, which probably means at night. As for losing those last pounds, I think with Noah you didn't lose the last 5 until you weaned him. Just a reminder that we need a little extra weight when nursing our babies so you might have to wait until you wean him to lose the last few pounds.

I am looking forward to seeing more pics on your blog! I bought a Becky Higgins Project life album a few years ago to take a picture every day and put in that album and then I never did it. If you would like it, I could bring it to Jax in May. If you google it you'll see what it's like. It includes a card for writing a little something each week. I have switched to photo books so I doubt I'll actually ever use this album.
cj and family said…
Yay!!! So much fun! :) I'm going to love following you on this! (And isn't it SO much easier than trying to find something "creative" to post about ...) :) My guess is that you would not have deemed a blessed one of those pictures as sufficient for their own post, but all put together, it's a wonderful, simple visual of your last couple weeks! Congrats and keep going! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth