Moth and Rust

Every September I am bit by an urgent Decorating Bug, which compels me to get out and display all of my Autumn decorations and candles.  There's no chill in the air, but I know somewhere in this country there has to be.  If I don't decorate now and get into the fall spirit, Christmas will be pounding on my door before I can say "pumpkin."

Only, sometime in the last year of sitting stagnant in our storage room--which happens to have a leaky roof and no heating or air conditioning--many of my fall pretties fell victim to mold, mildew, and voracious bug appetites (who knew there was a bug who likes to eat the enamel off of styrofoam pumpkins? Desperate much?).

And immediately the scripture came to mind, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys..."  Matt 6:19-20

I'm so thankful that these pumpkins and fake flowers aren't my real treasures!  Thankful that Jesus Christ can be my true treasure, and that His blessings are mine through faith!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth