29 Weeks


The other day I had someone ask me if I was sure I wasn't having twins because I am so big.  Followed a few days later by my dental hygienist telling me I was "so tiny" and she couldn't believe I was almost seven months pregnant.  Hmmm...  Whom do I believe?  Well, regardless, I have about 2 and a half months left of this pregnancy (is that all?) and I'm enjoying it.  Here are a few of the recent developments:

The baby is starting to really pack a punch when he moves. Ouch!

I am getting more and more breathless.  The pregnancy exercise videos that I used to yawn at are now giving me a run for my money and making me sweat.  Singing is becoming a challenge, as is walking anywhere fast or getting up off the floor.

I crave ice.  I've seriously thought about going to Sonic or Chick-Fil-A (they have the nicest ice for chewing) and just ordering a large cup of ice.  I wonder how much they would charge?

Also among the cravings are ice cream--though I've been sticking to frozen yogurt--and anything with cinnamon.  A cinnamon roll or spice cake sounds really good right now.

So far I have gained 11 pounds, which I'll take, since at this point in Noah's pregnancy I had already gained 20!

As for discomforts, these days I specialize in heartburn and foot cramps, but for the most part I feel pretty good. Praise the Lord for an uneventful pregnancy so far!



Comments

Carrie said…
I always hated foot cramps so much! You look great - don't worry about what people say. Glad you are enjoying it. Last Monday I miscarried and it was confirmed on Friday of last week at the Dr's I am doing pretty good but I know you will understand the feeling of loss, if you don't mind keeping me in your prayers for a little while. My mom and 2 sisters are coming for a visit tomorrow. My body is already healed almost completely and that is good because I stay so busy homeschooling the 3 boys every day. Always wish we were could be closer and have the close friendship we had before. Love ya and take care of that wonderful precious gift from God!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth