Be My Valentine


Ever have one of those days you wish you could do over?  Valentine's Day was like that for me.  I spaced on getting valentines for Noah's classmates, and as a result he was one of the only kids who didn't give them out.  He didn't notice this oversight at all, but I blushed when he brought home a giant sack of candy and cards from his classmates.  Oops.

And I had made the colossal mistake last Sunday of verbally downplaying the importance of Valentine's Day in front of Josh, and so when Josh came home on Valentine's Day bearing a single stem with 4 very small roses on it, thinking he had sufficiently fulfilled his romantic duty, I was under-enthused.  That's putting it too  kindly.  I was a selfish brat about it, and I hurt his feelings.  Honest much? :)  Really, the flower he chose is very pretty, and I am so thankful now, but I wasn't at the time.  To my shame and embarrassment, it was not one of my shining moments.

God reminded me at the end of the day that He still loves me in spite of my failures; in spite of my oversights, and in spite of my sinful bad attitude and ungratefulness. I pray that He will help me to love others that way, and that He'll help me grow up one of these days.  It's about time I did that, you know.

Here's to next year!

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness" Jer 31:3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth