Every Good Gift

I find it a joy to give gifts to my family.  For months, Noah had been asking if he could have a hat like Robin Hood's. (Think a felt hat with a feather in it).  Earlier this month I purchased a pattern and some felt, dusted off my sewing machine and brushed up on sewing basics (how do you clip a curve again?).  I then made a Robin Hood hat and did my best to make some shoes as well.  Here's a video of Noah opening that hat this evening.  He put it back on after this video and still hasn't taken it off. :)



On this day when gift-giving is central, I'm remembering the ultimate gift of sacrifice given by our Lord Jesus in coming to earth to die for us.  God is so good to us, and if I'm tempted to believe God doesn't love me, all I have to do is remember that He died for me.  Point proven.  In addition to this greatest gift of salvation from sin, God is so liberal in His gift-giving.  He has given me a husband who loves me, and a son who is such a joy among many, many others.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth