This Picture

You've seen those t-shirts that say, "My grandma went to the Grand Canyon and all she brought me was this t-shirt," right?

Well, I need one that says, "We went to the Fallons' for Thanksgiving and all we got was this picture:"

Seriously? Not one single picture with the most gracious hosts in the world? (more on why I call them that later...) I even went through the pics in my camera to verify. Not one picture of people! The table was beautiful, accented perfectly by the pumpkin-colored walls. But we went to visit the Fallons, not their table! (*kicking myself*)

You may remember we were invited to their house last year for Thanksgiving (that was when Noah went swimming in their freezing cold pool!). Invited for the second time, we joined them again this year for their Thanksgiving meal. (Pretty nice table, huh?)

Only this time we brought someone else's child. Or so it seemed, for Noah was on his Absolute Worst Behavior. When asked how our Thanksgiving was, I'm tempted to answer "humbling." And the Fallons loved us through it all, and even invited us back for Christmas (!). If that's not true love, I don't know what is!

We did have a great time, possible only through the "love covers a multitude of sins" kind of attitude on the part of our hosts. Noah again swam in their pool (it was 70 degrees this time), we did a teensy amount of Black Friday shopping, ate a ton, shared our blessings, and Mrs. Fallon gave me an impromptu piano lesson.

All that, and all I got was this picture!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth