Big Decision

Recently I listened to an online message from the book of James about trials. The speaker reminded me that part of what makes trials so difficult is that there is usually a decision to be made in the midst of them, and we don't know what to do. We seek God for wisdom, and God promises to give wisdom "to all generously and without reproach." if we ask without doubting. (James 1:5-6)

Well, Josh and I have been seeking wisdom over the last 3 years about how to grow our family, and/or if we should even be pursuing that. If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know all about my health issues and also my intense desire to have more children. What is the right thing? What would God have us do? This is such a personal matter, and I don't know who or how many people read this thing, so I'm probably not going to go into a lot of detail about the decisions and variables we were wrestling with or what this process will involve.

I did, however, want to let people know (and for the purpose of record-keeping) that we most likely will be pursuing IVF again this winter in hopes that the Lord would give us another child. I have an appointment with our doctor, Lord-willing on Monday morning, to discuss all of this and try to come up with a timetable and plan.

If you pray for us, pray that the Lord would give us and the doctor wisdom. We want to do what is pleasing to the Lord first and foremost. I'll be updating as I know more!

Comments

Carrie said…
:) I'll be praying!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth