Have a Little Patience

I have been extremely short-tempered with Noah lately. Foolishness abounds in that child; from using one of our kitchen knives in a saw-like fashion on our dining room table, to bossing me around as if I were his inferior, to throwing a fit about some disappointment, to arguing with me about absolutely everything.... We've had our share of challenges here lately (and all of that was just this morning before Noah left for school!).

I sat down, defeated, to read my Bible this morning and these verses were what "happened" to be on the docket for today:

"Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men. For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy...." Titus 3:1-5

Remember, Jo, you used to be that way too! (and if I'm honest, I still am to some extent. It's a battle every day) But God saved you! And not because you were anything great or impressive, or because you were righteous, but because He is so merciful. So stay faithful, keep doing what you know is right with Noah, and remember "to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men." And by all means, keep praying for Noah's salvation--He needs the Lord's help too!

I needed that. Thank You, Lord!


Comments

Carrie said…
I hate that the people I love most hear me yell at them. I ended up having to read Rand Hummel's book on Anger, I was so frustrated with myself. The worst part to me was that I could control my tongue if others were around but wouldn't guard it if "no one was listening." I am still working on this thanks for the challenge!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth