Christmas At Our House

We spent a quiet Christmas at home this year. Anytime I was tempted to ask "Why don't we travel to see family and snow for the Holiday?" Josh was quick to step in and remind me why. Oh, yes. Now I remember. :) So instead, we enjoyed our 73-degree Christmas by taking a boat ride across the stream and hiking through the Arboretum.



A few other highlights from the day:



We thanked God for sending His Son to earth to die for our sins. I think each year the meaning of Christmas becomes more real and dear to me. Hopefully soon we can help Noah to appreciate it! We have not placed any emphasis on Santa at ALL, yet when I asked him why we celebrate Christmas, he said, "Because Santa Claus comes." Hmmm....



Noah pulled Tic-Tacs out of his stocking and announced, "Pills!" :)



I successfully hosted my first Christmas dinner! We had Lisa (from church) over for Christmas dinner, and also Matt, Jen, Brianne, and Titus were able to come! They had to leave a day early from Kentucky where they had been visiting Jen's family because a huge snowstorm was predicted. So we got to have them over instead! It was a blessing to spend Christmas with some family after all.



The day after Christmas, Noah sang in the first ever Children's Choir at Truth Baptist Church! I forgot the camera (bet you didn't see that one coming!), but don't really regret it too much. Noah fell in the middle of the song (how you fall while standing still is beyond me), so I'm glad I spared him the embarrassment of watching that over again. He'll thank me for that oversight in years to come. :)

Comments

We had mid 20 degree weather and snow in NC! It was nice to have a white Christmas but it sure was cold. The most eventful thing of my family Christmas was when my sister's dog took a big bite out of my pumpkin pie with toasted pecans...needless to say I refused to make another one and mom ended up making them. Oh and I forgave the dog....

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth