A Brief Moment

I have finally managed to snag a few minutes to sit down and regroup. Here's what you missed over the last couple of weeks:

We got and decorated our Christmas tree.

Josh's mom came to visit for a week, and we all had a great time!

I got recruited to play "Away In A Manger" for the children's choir at church (!). Don't be impressed; I assure you the song is in its simplest form possible. :) The kids are to sing it on Dec 26.

I've been Christmas shopping.

Decorating.

Baking.

That sort of thing.

We've watched The Swiss Family Robinson all the way through at least twice (it's Noah's current favorite from the library). I'm sure that won't be the last time. I don't think 5 minutes go by in that movie without some sort of high-adventure. It's right up Noah's alley.

Noah is still learning a letter a week. This happens to be "O" week. In the interest of all of our waistlines, I've cut out the baking projects over this holiday season. We've got enough cookies and candies and cakes coming through here! We'll probably resume the themed baking projects in January. If our belts can stand it, that is.

There continues to be a bedtime battle with Noah about half the time. Some nights go really well, others go really badly. And we continue to not know why! What makes the difference from night to night? Who knows? So we continue to do our best and keep praying.

Josh and I are getting ready to celebrate 9 years of marriage on Wednesday!

Two couples from church will be coming over to our house tomorrow night for dinner. We're looking forward to that. It's called Supper Six, and the point is to get to know the couples better.

Hopefully soon I can unload the photos from my camera and show you what we've been doing. For now, I'm just glad I had these few minutes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth