Summer In New England

I had forgotten how lovely summer is in New England. I had forgotten how vibrantly green everything is, and how pretty the gardens are; such different flowers from what we see in Florida! I had forgotten what summer was like without humidity threatning to melt you should you venture outside. And folks, I had forgotten that it can actually be chilly in August. Yes, chilly! Thinking I was smart, I packed a zip-up hooded sweatshirt "just in case" an evening or two got a little nippy. Evening, shmevening! Even before we got off the plane, the captain announced, "And it's 66 degrees in Hartford."

Gulp.

66 degrees? In the middle of the day? I looked down at my shorts and short-sleeved shirt I was wearing and grimaced. Yes, folks, it's a little chilly here. So chilly, in fact, that Josh and I went out to the Salvation Army first thing the next morning and bought ourselves some warmer clothes. Who knew? That said though, it really is beautiful here! I can say that with my sweatshirt on. :)

We have had a great couple of days here so far. I'll follow up with pictures another time. Right now we're enjoying a peaceful time with family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth