The Joy of Turning 30

Today I turned 30, and I embraced it. Really, what other choice do you have? You can't change how old you are; might as well jump in with a smile on your face! So now a 30-year-old looks back at me in the mirror, and I'm fine with that. It's who I am. And now, for the party...

Josh took me this evening out to eat. Cracker Barrel? Hardly. We went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse! We had never been, but had heard how good it is, and decided that my 30th birthday was the perfect time to try it out.

It.

Was.

Delicious.

Best steak I've ever had. Best everything I've ever had. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience: linen tablecloth, linen napkin, 2 forks, 2 knives, dressed-up waiter, the little scraper they used to scrape our bread crumbs from the tablecloth periodically throughout the meal. They had sprinkled confetti on our table and had a birthday card waiting for me, along with a complimentary (delectable) dessert at the end of the meal. I would have taken a picture, but Josh thought that would only emphasize the fact that we were out of our element. :)

Our view from the restaurant was similar to this:




Here we were walking around by the water after dinner:

Aww, such mush. :) Josh turned and kissed me just as I was taking the picture.


And for those who were wondering, YES I did get to eat cake today! My friend Laura blessed my socks off and made me this cake....which I could actually eat! She made it especially for me, with all natural ingredients, and healthy flours, sweeteners, and filling. It was totally unexpected and completely a blessing. What a friend! It was really delicious too. Thanks, Laura!

What a great birthday. I'm so thankful to the Lord for being faithful to me all these years, and for blessing me the way He has. May I grow to know Him better and deeper in my 30's!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth