Weirdest Feeling Ever

So I went to the chiropractor on Wednesday, mostly in hopes of being adjusted back to normalcy, and partly because I didn't want this pain in my neck/back to become chronic.  I had never been to a chiropractor before, so I didn't know what to expect.  I thought I'd have to get undressed, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that I didn't, but nothing--and I do mean nothing--could have prepared me for the weirdness that is being adjusted.  Come along with me for this experience:

You lie face down on a cushy table and put your face into a slot.  Then, the chiropractor pushes around your back and proceeds to tell you where your back hurts.  Surprisingly, he is eerily accurate, down to the square inch.  How he can tell all of that is beyond you, and you're busy pondering that thought when he suddenly pushes hard in the center of your back and you simultaneously hear and feel your back loudly pop multiple times, all in the matter of about a second.  It was so weird that I burst out laughing and resisted my urge to ask if he had just broken my back.  Not because it hurt, but because I was unaware that my back could make a noise like that and still be intact.  I remember thinking, "So THAT'S why he walked in and said, 'Let's get crack-a-lackin!' "  He wasn't kidding.

I was hoping that it would be one and done; that after that one visit I'd feel back to my old self, but alas, it wasn't that easy.  I'm supposed to go back tomorrow for another adjustment, and then maybe once a week for up to 10 weeks!  I'm praying it doesn't take that long to be healed from my back pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth