How To Kill A Poinsettia In 5 Easy Steps

1.  Receive the World's Most Beautiful Poinsettia from your neighbors at Christmastime.
2.  Place it outside on the front porch to bring a little cheer to your entryway. 
3.  Water and admire it.
4.  Forget about it during a deep-freeze of 24 degrees overnight.
5.  Voila! Poinsettia should be sufficiently dead with no hope of revival. 



The moral of this sad-but-true story is:  Never Give Live Plants To Me.  They Just Won't Make It.  

Fresh-cut roses, however, I will take since I can't damage those. :)

Comments

Carrie said…
I was given 2 Poinsettias in December, right before our trip I watered them and Mike moved them to our sun room since we would be gone for the week, he accidentally dropped a leaf on the floor, which our dog found right away. We left within 5 minutes. On our 16 hour drive to WV our dog threw up 5 times and was foaming at the mouth - all bc of one leaf. Promptly when we got home I vacuumed and threw away the beautiful things. I don't think they would have lasted long anyway - I am like you in that regard but this time it just wasn't worth even trying.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth