2012 Election Thoughts

Have you noticed my blog isn't very political?  I don't talk politics on here much at all.  That's on purpose, and so I almost let this election slip by unmentioned, but I just couldn't do it without commenting (1) that it happened and (2) how I feel about it.

So a week ago now Barack Obama was re-elected to a second term as President.  Not by me, and not by most of my friends and family, but it happened.  The Lord allowed it.  We praise the Lord anyway and move on...

I got the following quote from a friend's Facebook post, and I find that it sums up exactly what happened in this election.  And because of it, I am even more determined to keep praying for America over the next four years.

"“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” - Alexis de Tocqueville, 1840 

Indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth