Noah Is Growing Up

Little Man took this picture himself.  And was so proud of it!

When you live with a child, you get to witness every step of his growing up, but the perceived time involved is way warped.  You are convinced he'll be in the "dumping" stage forever, (You know the one: see a bin, dump it out, repeat until whole house is trashed.) but the cute never-met-a-stranger stage is over before you know it ("Say 'hi!'" you plead, as you're peeling your used-to-be-friendly child off the back of your legs).

All of a sudden, Noah is rapidly approaching Five Years Old.  I see pictures of him as a baby and then look at his big kid face and can't believe my eyes.  When did that happen?  How did potty-training seem to last for an eternity, and now it's been three years since we finished?  I have no answer.

All I know is that I suddenly have a child who correctly uses words like "interfere" and "drastically" in his everyday speech.  Wasn't it just yesterday he was saying "da" and meaning "yes"?  But on the other hand, when will I finally quit having to remind him to say "please" and "thank you"?  I've been doing that for at least his whole life.

Or so it seems...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth