Under Construction

Maybe you've noticed my lack of blog posts these last few weeks.  I have so much I'm behind on, and this blog is just one of those things.

I keep meaning to take a few videos of Noah reading, reciting memory verses, singing, and just talking to me. I can't tell you how precious are the videos of him from past years.  I literally do forget what he was like and it's so much fun to go back and view his babyhood and toddler years.  I imagine it will be the same for his preschool years as well--I know one day I'll forget what Noah was like at 4 years old and it's important to me to remember.

I have several books I wanted to write reviews about.  Recipes, too.  And my house?  Wow. I can't remember the last time I was this behind on cleaning.

I feel like I'm behind on life in general.  I don't remember feeling this way during my last pregnancy; this watching life go by as a spectator who catches glimpses of it in between countless naps and sips of ginger tea.  There are things to be thankful for, of course:

1. That there is a baby!
2.  That I do not have to go to work and try to muddle through this while working a job.
3.  That Noah and Josh have been understanding when it's frozen pizza for supper (again).
4.  That I am able to take naps.  Noah still takes a nap in the afternoon, and I have been too. Every day.
5.  That this part of pregnancy is temporary.
6.  That God is good!

I'm praying one day soon I'll wake up with renewed energy, excited to face the day and the food on my plate. Until then, please pardon the mess.  Baby under construction. :)



Comments

cj and family said…
It's OKAY. It really is. Forget the cleaning, forget gourmet, just grow your baby. I do understand the feeling--my last pregnancy I was just utterly exhausted. all. the. time. Dinner? Eggs sound great. Maybe. Dishes? What are those? Oh yes. The things I leave for my hubby to clean up. (TOTALLY not me!) But, it's OKAY. God's called your family to this pregnancy just as much as he's called you to it, and it's okay for everyone to pitch in and help. And for some things just not to get done. You can take videos of Noah from the couch--just don't stress about posting them. :) I didn't realize how much of a gift even that tiredness was until it was gone--that was the first sign our little one was in Heaven. I just didn't recognize it as such as I rejoiced to have more energy again. So, be thankful for the tiredness. Enjoy napping with no one asking why or thinking the less of you for it. Let God grow your little one and enjoy the rest. :) The tiredness will probably subside some as a natural part of things, but it's okay even it doesn't. Praying for you! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth