Trust in the Lord

 In my ladies' Bible study, we are studying the book of Isaiah. Wow is that a great book! I had never before tried to plumb the depths of its richness, especially in the first 39 chapters, which can come across kind of doomy-and-gloomy. But there's so much more to it than that! God pleading with his people to return to Him and make Him their trust again. He wants to be their God, the only One they consult and put their trust in. 

And so I have been applying these truths to my own life. How often do I google something before I've prayed about it? Or given an answer before I've prayed about it and consulted God? My anxieties run amok in my mind, and where is God? All of these good reminders to seek His face; to make God my trust and my portion. 

I've been setting the alarm for 6am, and when it goes off and my soft, warm bed teases me with promises of one more hour of sleep, I remind myself that I'm getting up to spend time with my Lord! By His enabling alone, I throw off the covers and put my feet on the floor, ready to seek God's face.

"You have said, "Seek My face." My heart says to You, "Your face, LORD, do I seek." Ps 27:8

And just like that, Eden is up and another homeschool day is beginning. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth

Resolving Everyday Conflict