Breather





For the first time in over 9 years, all of my kids are now in school. Three different kids, three different schools; this can get logistically complicated, but that's just how we're rolling. Noah rides his electric scooter to and from his high school (!!! When did that happen?), Seth is attending 3rd grade at GRASP Academy (his last year there, perhaps, before he switches to Harvest?), and Eden is enthusiastically enrolled in morning Preschool at a church down the road from us. But my point was that for the first time in nine years, I finally feel like I can breathe again for a minute. Like I can come up for air. Maybe mop the floor and listen to classical music, a sermon, or an audio book while I do so. Draw, paint, blog, dust the furniture (I think I remember how to do that?), purge a closet, shower uninterrupted, and b r e a t h e. It's magical. 

I think it's marvelous how the Lord works differently in different people's lives, giving them graces and even personalities that suit what He requires of them in each season of life. I look back on my college days and try to imagine myself back there again; constantly surrounded by people, unable to go to bed before 11pm, and using a community restroom all. the. time. How did I not go batty? It must have been God's grace. Similarly, I look back at our season of homeschooling and remember that Once Upon A Time, we loved it. It was the right thing for our family at the time, and now I firmly believe that we are doing what is right for our family at this time, and I'm able to love both seasons for different reasons. How about that poetry?

On a more weighty note, last night I was reading a blog post written 10 years ago by a sister in Christ, detailing her experience with breast cancer. She had a beautiful testimony, beautiful faith through her 3 year battle until the end when the Lord took her home. The Lord gave her the measured amount of grace that she needed at the moments she needed it. He was completely faithful to her, as He is to me.  I'm so thankful that each season is given by God with all the grace needed, and even joy through the journey.


Comments

Ruth said…
I hope your family has a good school year!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth